Getting ready to start your search for the perfect Fort Collins rental? We have five easy steps that will help you find the perfect, affordable place to call home:
- Do your research. Take a look at what rentals are going for in the areas you want to live in. Doing this will give you a realistic idea of how much your rent will be. If the area you love is too expensive, take a look at nearby areas or look at other neighborhoods that have similar features.
- Set your budget. Once you have an idea of how much an apartment will cost in the areas you love, set a budget for how much you’d like to spend. Make sure you work out your monthly expenses, too, so you know that making your rent isn’t going to empty your bank account every month.
- Have your deposit ready. If you find a listing for an apartment you think you are interested in, be prepared to go see it as soon as possible (that day, even!) and have a deposit ready. You don’t want to decide it’s the perfect place after you see it and discover that someone got their deposit in sooner.
- Don’t rely on online ads. While these can be a great place to start, don’t let it be your only source. Ask friends and relatives, stop by leasing offices at apartments you like, and contact the Fort Collins Housing Authority. All of these options will give you a jump on finding the best apartments before they even make it to an online ad.
- Sign your lease and enjoy! It’s a great feeling knowing that you’ve found the perfect place to call home in one of the best areas to live in.
Finding the right place in a tight rental market is a combination of luck and perseverance. Following these tips will help increase your chances of finding a great Fort Collins rental that’s within your budget and in an area that you love. Have other tips for those searching the rental market? Share them in the comments!