We happily offer affordable, non-smoking apartment homes in premier locations throughout Fort Collins.
An applicant must meet the rental criteria described below:
- Pay the rent on time
- Take exceptional care of the property
- Be a considerate neighbor
- Maintain compliance with the terms of the lease
- Abide by local, state and federal laws
Villages Application Criteria
Please contact us for specific income qualifications.
- Verifiable Income: Common sources of income; employment wages, child support, TANF, SSI, and
SSDI. Other sources of income may apply in some instances.
- Employment: To verify employment income, we will fax a Verification of Employment Form to
your employer for completion.
- Other Income: If you receive Social Security, we will need a copy of your most recent Award Letter. If your parents provide financial assistance to you, they provide a written statement as to how much and how often they help you. We also verify Child Support paid to anyone in the household.
- Declaration of Citizenship Status/Affidavit of Legal Residency: One form must be completed for
everyone in the household, (children and adults).
- Asset Certification: If you own assets of any type (Checking, Savings, IRA, Stocks, Retirement
funds, etc.) you will need to provide documentation verifying the net worth.
- Credit History: We may rent to an applicant who has not acquired credit or has a low credit score. If you owe money to another landlord, the balance must be paid prior to your application being approved. Additionally, if you owe money to either Xcel Energy or City of Fort Collins Utilities, the balance must be paid in full prior to the application being approved.
- Background Checks: To keep our communities safe, we run criminal background checks on all applicants 18 years and older. Applicants may be rejected for convictions depending on the severity and the length of time elapsed since the last offense. We cannot rent to a registered sex offender.
- Student Status: If any adult household member is a part-time or full-time student, student status will be verified with the appropriate educational institution.
- Rental History: If applicable, we will verify all rental history with previous landlords. Denials will be based on poor payment history, owing money, lease violations, damage to an apartment and any evictions.
Full-time Student Restrictions Apply at the following Properties:
Hickory Hill, Rose Tree, Willow Grove, Plum, Elizabeth, Stanford
We have restrictions on student status of applicants and residents at some of our properties. These apartments may not be occupied entirely by full-time students, with certain exceptions. We are happy to rent to part-time students or a household that has a mix of part-time and full-time students. Please inquire about certain exceptions to the student restrictions.
- Pets: We are pet friendly at most properties! We will accept two pets per apartment. We require veterinary records, and current licensing. Pets are subject to size restrictions. Pets cannot weigh no more than 100 lbs pounds combined at the time of maturity. Please ask us if your pets qualify.
- Pet Deposit:
- 1 pet: $300 due at lease signing.
- 2 pets: $450 due at lease signing.
- Pet Monthly Rent:
- 1 pet: $30
- 2 pets: $40
- Breed Restrictions Include: Pit Bull, Rottweiler, German Shepard, Mastiff, Chow, Doberman Pinscher, Husky, Chinese Shar Pei, or any mix of any of the above listed will NOT be acceptable on the property. The property owner reserves the right to deny any animal, at any time, for any reason.
How to Apply For An Available Apartment
- Contact us to schedule a showing.
- Submit a completed application for every household member 18 years of age and older.
- Pay $25.00 non-refundable Application Fee for every household member 18 years of age and older.
- Pay $100 Reservation Deposit. This will be applied to your security deposit upon lease signing.
- Application fee(s) and Reservation Deposit must be in two separate payments
- Acceptable forms of payment: Money Order, Cashier’s Check, Personal Check or Credit Card.
- We will also need a copy of the Driver’s License or State Issued ID along with Social Security Cards for everyone in the household.